Your guide to finding the best business credit card
By Golden Medhurst
July 15, 2022
Businesses of all sizes can apply for business credit cards. You can use a business credit card for business expenses, to build your credit profile, or to manage employee expenses.
How Can A Business Credit Card Benefit You?
Credit cards for companies offer the following benefits:
- Separating your personal finances from those of your business.
- They are accepted almost everywhere.
- You can use a business credit card even when you are waiting to receive funds. They help you control your cash flow.
- Managing employees’ expenses becomes easier.
What are the eligibility requirements?
– It may be possible for you to apply if you run a small business. You will have to show accounts for the past two years if you are applying for the few credit cards that only allow medium and large businesses to obtain them.
– Your business is a sole proprietorship.
– You are starting your own business.
– You work for a larger company and make purchases on its behalf.
What credit cards are available to start-ups?
Before a business can obtain a company credit card, it must pass stringent checks. It’s possible to be declined if you are a new company with very little credit history. Until your credit rating improves, you’re likely to receive a high-interest rate or a low credit limit if your application is approved.
Credit Card Fees for Businesses
An annual fee of around £30 is charged by some business credit cards. There are some providers who do not charge annual fees, and your first year might be free. You will also need to consider interest charges when choosing the right business card for your company.
The 6 most popular business credit cards
Santander Business Credit Card
Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS)
HSBC Business Credit Card
Your weekday morning guide to breaks news, cultural analysis, and everything in between